Air Duct Cleaning to Improve the Air in Your Marietta Home
Spring is in the air, and while that means warmer weather and pretty flowers, it also means the rise of allergy season. You may believe that safety lies indoors, but much of what is making your eyes water and your nose itch, could actually be inside your home.
If you aren’t sure how deep the grime on your air ducts goes, remove a floor register and snap a couple of pictures with a small digital camera with a flash. If the shots reveal a thick coating of debris and dust, it might be time to call in your Marietta air duct cleaning professionals.
While air filters do a decent job of trapping most particles, eventually allergens such as pollen, pet dander, mold spores and dust mites can build up in your air ducts and can irritate sensitive individuals while reducing the effectiveness of your air conditioning unit. Often, this buildup is too deep in the duct to be vacuumed out and requires professional air duct cleaning to be removed.
You may also want to have your air ducts cleaned if any of the following things are a factor:
- Recent renovation. Construction creates a lot of dust, some of it dangerous to breathe.
- There is noticeable hair or particles being put out into a room by a register even after attempting to vacuum it.
- There is mold on your ducts. Mold often puts out spores that can cause headaches, allergy symptoms and even mental illness.
- Someone in your home has been suffering from constant unexplained allergies. Though dirty air ducts are not considered to be a health risk, some individuals are more sensitive to airborne particles than others.
- A home was recently rented or purchased. Much like having the carpets steam cleaned, having the air ducts cleaned in a place that is new to you can make it feel more like home. That way you know the only dander in the air is your own.
- There are signs of an animal or insect infestation. Even if you have the infestation under control, droppings and nesting materials were likely left behind.
- There are fiberglass ducts. Fiberglass ducting collect more dust than metal ducting, so you may want to have them cleaned in order to reduce strain on your HVAC system.
Whether you choose to have your air ducts cleaned to help alleviate your allergies or to increase the overall performance of your HVAC unit, make sure the company you choose is licensed and insured. Air duct cleaning scams are becoming more and more popular, promising professional grade cleaning for a third of the price.
Don’t be fooled by the alleged savings. Improper air duct cleaning can make household contaminants worse and even harm your HVAC system, costing you hundreds or thousands of dollars for repairs or replacements.
Anytime Heating & Cooling, Inc. is a licensed and insured company serving all of Marietta. So if you feel that it’s time to give your air ducts a spring cleaning call 678-606-9006 and get ready to enjoy more efficient cooling once summer arrives.