The Power of A Geothermal System
We’ve moved further away from traditional ways of producing energy to power our homes and other devices and the proof is truly remarkable. The most efficient gas furnace has an efficiency rating of 94 percent. New energy producing technology like geothermal, delivers a 400 percent efficiency rating.
Looking for Geothermal Systems in Marietta or the surrounding Atlanta area? You’ll want to first know the many benefits that come with the installation of the system in your home.
How Does It Work?
One of the most promising solutions to high-energy costs is buried deep under your lawn. Geothermal systems provide clean, quiet heating and cooling all while helping you save a lot of money.
But how does this savings happen? A geothermal pump functions like a convection heat pump, by using high-pressure to capture and move heat in and out of your home.
The heat pump sits inside of your home and is responsible for pulling heat from underground loops. As that heat enters your heat pump, the unit removes the heat and transfers it throughout your home in the winter.
During the summer, the process is reversed. The unit removes heat from your indoor air and injects it into the ground loop water, leaving only cool air conditioning behind.
What Are The Benefits?
There are many ways we can protect the health of those around us and even our planet simply by changing the way we power our hairdryer or heat our bath water.
- Money Savings – The benefits start with how much money you will save by using a geothermal system. By using water and energy from underground heat sources, there is no need for fuel to heat your water or power your home therefore there is no gas bill.
- Geothermal systems are transferring heat, not creating it by burning something else. A more efficient system like geothermal lowers your power bill significantly, up to 70 percent in some cases.
- Quiet Operation – Relax easy around your home without being bothered by noisy air conditioning systems or loud heat pumps. Geothermal systems are very smooth and quiet when operating and rest peacefully in the confines of your basement or utility room out of sight.
- Protecting the Environment – This is perhaps the most important factor for homeowners when deciding to go to a more efficient way of powering the home. The Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy recognizes that geothermal systems are the best when it comes to protecting the environment.
- Geothermal systems do not emit carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, or other greenhouse gasses which add to air quality pollution.
- Long Lasting – According to many experts, geothermal systems are good for a minimum of 15 years, but with routine maintenance, that lifespan could continue to increase.
- The ground loops used in a geothermal system (pipes buried in your yard) have a lifespan of about 50 years.
- Your Personal Investment – This system is truly an investment because of how much money you’ll be saving on your monthly power bills. Systems like these cost on average between $4,000 and $6,000 for the entire project.
Fortunately, the government provides tax credits to help offset the cost of your investment. If you install a geothermal system into your home, you’re eligible for a tax credit of 30 percent of the total investment for your system and installation.
Geothermal Systems In Marietta
Are you looking for a new way of powering your home or heating your water? Many homeowners choose to go with traditional ways of getting energy for their home but choosing geothermal over the others can really provide true savings to your wallet and the Earth.
For more information on getting your new geothermal system installed, call Anytime HVAC at 770-504-5881 today!